Salesforce is a cloud computing company which provides various software solutions and a platform for users and developers to develop and distribute custom software.
Salesforce offers cloud services like Sales,Service,Marketing,Commerce,Community.
Cloud Computing referred to as “the cloud”, means storing or accessing data and programs over the internet rather than own hard drive.
SaaS (Software As a Service):- Don’t have to worry about the installation , setup and running of the application . just have to pay and use it.
SaaS Examples: Google Apps, Microsoft Office 365.
PaaS (Platform as a Service):- Provide a platform to develop an application.
PaaS Examples:-Force.com, Heroku etc.
IaaS (Infrastructure as a Service):- Provides infrastructure like servers, hosting services and storage.
IaaS Examples: Amazon Web Services (AWS), Microsoft Azure etc.
(1) On-premises IT infrastructure is like owning a car. When you buy a car, you’re responsible for its maintenance, and upgrading means buying a new car (you have to organize and manage everything by yourself).
(2) IaaS is like leasing a car. When you lease a car, you choose the car you want and drive it wherever you wish, but the car isn’t yours. Want an upgrade? Just lease a different car!
(3) PaaS is like taking a taxi. You don’t drive a taxi yourself, but simply tell the driver where you need to go and relax in the back seat.
(4) SaaS is like going by bus. Buses have assigned routes, and you share the ride with other passengers.
Advantage of Cloud Computing
1. Access Anywhere.
2. Maintenance Free.
3. Better Security.
4. Fast Implementation.
Benefits using Salesforce
1. Low cost ,low risk cloud solution software service to buy.
2. It Supports on all the Browsers.
3. Complete solution includes feature-rich solution for marketing,sales,service,partner management and community management.
4. Salesforce requires no software to install.
5. There are no hardware requiremets either.
Salesforce Sales Cloud
1. “Sales Cloud” refers to the “sales” module in salesforce.com.
2. It includes Leads, Accounts, Contacts, Contracts, Opportunities, Products, Pricebooks , Quotes, and Campaigns.
3. It includes features such as Web-to-lead to support online lead capture, with auto-response rules.
4. A web-to-lead form is an essential component of marketing and sales automation. Its purpose is to capture data submitted by website visitors, such as contact information and product interest, and store it as a “Lead” record in a CRM product, in this case Salesforce.com.
5. Sales Cloud mainly works based on Lead, Account, Contact & Opportunity objects. Leads can be further converted into account, contact and opportunity.
1. “Service Cloud” refers to the “service” (as in “customer service”) module in salesforce.com.
2. Salesforce Service cloud is another module in salesforce.com which refers to services provided. It provides service like call-center, live conversations, knowledge base, assistance with products to customers.
3. The main motive of service cloud is keeping people happy.
4. It includes Accounts, Contacts, Cases, and Solutions.
5. In Service Cloud, the base objects are cases and solutions. A Service Executive can create a case on a customer enquiry or a complaint, and the corresponding solution can be stored in a solution object. There is some standard functionality, like email to case, which will automatically create a new case in the CRM on every customer email.
6. It is designed to allow you to support past, current, and future clients’ requests for assistance with a product, service, billing, etc; you use this to help make people happy.
Salesforce Marketing cloud helps navigate entire customer journey on one platform. It provides channels and helps marketers deliver right message on right time.
Marketing cloud provides one of the world’s most powerful digital marketing platforms. The marketers can use it to manage customer journey- email, mobile, social media, web personalization, content creation, content management and data analytics.
Marketing Cloud support custom scripting languages (runs server side).
(c) Guide Template Language (GTL)
AMPscript :- AMPscript is a scripting language that we can embed within HTML emails, text emails, SMS messages etc.
Guide Template Language (GTL):- it’s a Template Language. Templating languages, which allow developers to take data and insert it into a structured format.
GTL works with JSON data sources supplied by script or by a REST API service.
Marketing Cloud Login: https://mc.exacttarget.com/cloud/
We can access Marketing Cloud Only Sandbox and Production Org.
Salesforce commerce cloud provides a unique online shopping experience. It delivers strategic and personalized shopping experiences, collaborates IT solutions on one cloud that is stable and scalable, provides continuous innovations without delays or disruption, Maximizes productivity by centralized management and unifies store with store operations, order management etc..
Community Cloud is a social platform from Salesforce.com that is designed to connect and facilitate communication among an organization’s employees, partners and customers.