Skip to content
- Custom controller defines its own functionality.
- Use HTTP callouts or web services.
- Override existing functionality (change how default actions work, create new actions, and more…).
- Custom Controllers are associated with Visualforce pages through the controller attribute.
- Create custom behavior (properties or methods).
- It is an Apex class that implements all of the logic for a page without leveraging a standard controller.
- Use custom controllers when you want your Visualforce page to run entirely in system mode, which does not enforce the permissions and field-level security of the current user.
- You would use this when your page is not dealing with a main object(Account,Contact etc).
- Only one Apex class is used.
- It contain the same functionality and logic that are used for standard Salesforce pages.
- It Can be used with standard objects and custom objects.
- It can be extended to implement custom functionality using
- You would use this when you have a single object to manipulate.
- Standard controller in apex, inherits all the standard object properties and standard button functionality directly.
*Extensions:- Multiple Apex classes separated by comma are used. extends the functionality of a standard or custom controller.